About me

Follow me as a share my blabbings about Faith, Family, Career and Some Friends.

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Labels

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook

By: TwitterButtons.com

recent posts

Skip to main content

How To Prevent Cancer

When my Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago, all of us in the family got scared, alarmed and worried. I didn't realize the importance of taking care of one's self, eating healthy and going to the hospital for physical check up until we lost her last March this year. It was tragic, sudden and one of the saddest moments of my life. You see, my mom and her sisters are very very close. I grew up seeing them together most of the time, telling jokes, eating snacks and playing card games. I've seen them fight several times, but because there's so much love, you'll see them playing "tong-its" again the next day.

Until this day, I still can't believe my Aunt T is gone. Most of us don't realize that cancer is preventable in many cases. You know, cancer is genetic. If you have a family history of cancer, such as breast cancer, taking extra precautions is vital. It does not actually mean you will develop a cancer too but most likely, you'll have a greater chance of developing it. Truth is, each one of us is a candidate of getting a cancer, whether we like it or not. So make sure you take extra extra care. Here are some simple tips to reduce your risk of developing many types of cancer, I hope this somehow enlightens you.

1. Avoid smoking, whether it be actual smoking or secondhand smoke. Smoking can increase your risk of getting many other cancers.

2. Avoid too much sun exposure. Use SPF lotion when going out between 10:00AM to 2:00PM.

3. Eat fruits and veggies that are rich in antioxidants to repair damaged cells.

4. Watch the meats you eat. Diet high in animal fat is not healthy. Avoid smoked foods, salted fish and meat, and pickled vegetables.

5. Limit your alcohol intake. It increases your risk factor for cancer.

6. Exercise!

7. Know your personal and family history of cancer.

8. Practice safe sex. Unsafe sex can result in the infection of the HPV virus, a known cause for cervical cancer and a risk factor for many other cancers.

9. Regular / Annual chek up. Be sure to keep up on screening tests like the Papsmear, mammograms, etc.

Comments