About me

Follow me as a share my blabbings about Faith, Family, Career and Some Friends.

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Labels

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook

By: TwitterButtons.com

recent posts

Skip to main content

Chocolate for a Woman's Soul


I love this book as much as I love chocolates! I can't get enough of it. I haven't read any books since last year and reading this one is actually a good come back. A collection of 77 true stories to feed your spirit & warm your heart.

This is the perfect gift to encourage, inspire and humor women. Most stories are about love, overcoming obstacles, discovering your life purpose, family life, listening for the divine, or learning to laugh at yourself. Let me share to you one particular story that I like.

Love at First Site
by Kim Champion

Many years ago, my uncle owned a restaurant at a small airport in Illinois. My mother was the assistant manager and I was the hostess. One afternoon, my mother and I went to a diner for lunch. Our waitress, Debbie, was so sweet that we took an immediate liking to her, and my mother offered her a job at my uncle’s restaurant on the spot. Debbie accepted.

We invited her to our home for dinner that evening and during our conversations with her, we learned that she had never married and that she had no boyfriend. She told us that five years before while on a flight back east, she met "her pilot" and that it was love at first sight.

She was very nervous as she was boarding the plane and the pilot was standing in the doorway greeting passengers. He must have noticed how afraid of flying she seemed, and he struck up a conversation with her. They spoke less than ten minutes, and he assured her he would fly her safely to her destination. She told us it was "love at first sight," and we told her there was no such thing. Although she never saw her pilot again, she never forgot the feeling she had in her heart when their eyes met.

Mother and I had a plan. Since she was so in love with her pilot, we decided to fix her up with one of the many single pilots that came into the restaurant to eat in between flights. We approached John, one of the pilots, and told him about Debbie. He agreed to meet her for a dinner date on one of his nights off.

We sat him at a nice table with candlelight and fresh flowers. When Debbie arrived, we walked her to the table to introduce her to her date. As we approached, Debbie stopped dead in her tracks, tears welled up in her eyes, her hand went to her heart, and though I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, she said, "My pilot, it’s my pilot!" He stood dumb struck and embraced her.

We later learned that he, too, had fallen in love with "his passenger" five years ago on that flight back east.

The last we heard from Debbie was in a letter from Guam. When people tell me there is no such thing as love at first sight, I tell them this story and show them the photo Debbie enclosed with her letter, a photo of her family, her husband, John, in his pilot’s uniform and their two beautiful daughters.

Comments