About me

Follow me as a share my blabbings about Faith, Family, Career and Some Friends.

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Labels

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook

By: TwitterButtons.com

recent posts

Skip to main content

Drama ito

Father worked for years abroad. And during those years, i have tasted the best and the worst in this life. Let me start with the worst things that happened.

I am no longer ashamed to admit that my father committed ADULTERY in those years he spent abroad. Finding it out did not sadden that much. What burdened me was finding out that he was going to be imprisoned for that grave offense. Saudi follows a very conservative form of law...and if they catch you, you could get stoned to death.

I did not cry out loud, because I want them to see that I was strong but deep inside me, I was bursting into tears. I wanted to make an impression that I was unaffected by all that's happening...but you know what, I felt like dying multiple times thinking about my father.

How could it happen to us when we were trying to be so faithful to God?

There was no food and no baon for school. I would go to school walking without a single penny. Everything inside our HOME vanished...except the cabinets and the double bed and some kitchen stuffs. Na-immune ako sa sardinas 3X a day. The worst part was that, my 2 brothers has to be sent in the province for survival purposes while mother worked abroad too. Ate and I went to stay with my dear aunt. So it was like "Mga Anghel na Walang Langit" story. It was a life one would not want to live. I long night and day to see our family united again, that I may be filled with joy again. I envied our relatives and neighbors who look so happy altogether. It wasn't a happy life and it was like that for years. Somehow, I knew inside my heart that things will be fine again. Good thing that I did not turn out to be a bitter person. I did not turn into drugs or relationships or some stuffs like that because i have always believed in God. That He is still in control of everything.

i tried to live a happy life with my cousins...I love them dearly but there's something missing, it's like there's a part of your heart that's empty and you know deep inside that noone can fill that place. No amount of laughter and fun can be put together to make that space filled in....for it to become whole again...to complete your being.

Then one day, few days before my Mother's arrival, father surprised us when he finally showed up....glad he's free.
S
o here's the best part of all,

God has freed my father from sin through His grace. He surrendered his life to God while inside the prison cell. It was a blessing in disguise. Mother just cried when she saw my father again. I cried too, secretly. We didn't really talked about what happened then...for all was forgotten and forgiven. God healed every broken heart...and relationship. Naniniwala ako ngayon na ang baso pag nabasag, may mananatiling CRACK, if you only forgive or forget. But if you forgive AND forget, ung basong un will be as good as brand new, pramis. Mawawala ang lahat ng bahid ng sama ng loob at ma re-restore ang relationship. God is a God that forgives and forgets your sin...and we should be like Him in all manners.

So, un na, we were reunited....and it felt so good. soooo good.

I didn't know why God allowed it to happen then. But now I understand. Lahat ng nangyayari may dahilan. God will not allow you to suffer in a battle where you will not win. Each of us do not deserve a smooth and easy life. That was never promised to us in the Bible. When Jesus said follow me, He did not promise that life will be like a bowl of cherries. But He said that we will become OVERCOMERS of this world through Him.

God did not only restore my family...He also added cute doll (Inday) in our life. There's 1 thing I learned in everything that's happened, God allow BAD THINGS to happen to us so that we can learn to trust Him more.


to you,

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature, and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4


God will not leave you. He will remain faithful, no matter what you and your family are going through. Keep the faith.

Comments

Anonymous said…
saktong sakto ah! bull's eye :)
naiiyak na naman tuloy ako.
ano ba yan.
Anonymous said…
DRAMA ito, ang titulo ay nakakatawa, pero ang nilalaman ay DRAMA nga, how can u pull it off? i mean, be mushy, be senti, and still sound like ur doing really great! wow! miss yah!
Anonymous said…
nakakaiyak naman stoy mo malen. dont worry life is good and God is good. Keep the faith friend.